Monday, July 3, 2017

June Favorites


Can I start off by saying June was a very interesting month!? So many good things happened, and a couple of "that's life" situations happened as well. I'm starting to realize this is the age where we (meaning me and my peers) are starting to realize we're growing up and we have to start thinking about the future and get our priorities in check! Scary stuff, people!!! Speaking of growing up.... I'm coming at you live one year older! June was also a great month because I turned 20! My birthday was filled with all things girly and pink and I loved it! 

I haven't done a favorites post in a while, but I actually have a lot of stuff to share (and it's 11:30 at night and I've had three cups of coffee!!) so here I go:

FOOD & DRINK | Two words. coconut la croix. (or is that three words!?) I talked about my obsession with la croix (sparkling water) in the past, but if you haven't tried the coconut flavor you are missing out big time. My starbucks order this month has been an iced coffee with 2 pumps of skinny mocha and coconut milk. Love. I have also been loving chocolate covered espresso beans! My roommate gave me a huge pack for my bday and I've been jacked up on them all week! I've also been making greek yogurt bowls with fruit for breakfast and lunch on the reg. Next week I plan to do a post with some of my favorite yogurt combos so stay tuned.

MUSIC | I find so many great new songs through Spotify's weekly "New Music Friday" playlists. This month's current jams/oldies but goodies include:
- I'm The One by DJ Khaled ft. Justin Bieber, Quavo, Chance the Rapper, Lil Wayne
- Strip that Down by Liam Payne
- Shinin' by DJ Khaled ft. Beyonce, Jay-Z
- Wild Thoughts by DJ Khaled ft. Rihanna
- Slow Hands by Niall Horan
- 2U by David Guetta ft. Justin Bieber
- On and On by Brett Eldredge
- Lights Down Low (Not Your Dope Remix) by MAX ft. Not Your Dope
- Symphony by Clean Bandit, Zara Larson
- Malibu by Miley Cyrus

OTHER MEDIA | Bachelorette is obviously a favorite this month. It's kind of hard to keep up with all of the men on the show because Rachel is sending them home SO fast! #teamPeter #teamDeanforBachelor #nospoilerspls!! Big Brother also just started back up and this will be my second season watching it, so I'm so pumped! I also spent this month getting caught up on the new season of Jane the Virgin and wooo! I won't give anything away for those of you who still haven't taken my advice and watched this show (#fakefriends) but JTV season 3 left me feeling allll types of ways. I love listening to podcasts at work when I run out of music, and I found a good one y'all! The "I Do Declare"podcast in the podcast iPhone app is so. good. The hosts are two sisters that live in Florida and just spend the episodes talking about their lives, pop culture, etc. Their tag line is "southern sisters talk news, netflix, and other nonsense", and that sums it up pretty well! Every episode I listen to feels like I'm just hanging out with my friends hearing their latest problems/gossip, and they're so funny! I look forward to the new episodes every week! I also got the Echo Dot this month as a bday gift from my parents, and I'm not kidding when I say that I get an unhealthy sense of power from bossing Alexa around. There's just something so satisfying about yelling "Alexa, turn up the music" from the next room over and her obeying your every command. 

BEAUTY FAVS | I was sent two Maybelline Super Stay Matte Lip Inks for free from Influenster to test out and they quickly became my favs! (here's the post that I explain what Influenster is.) They really do stay on all day. I'm a fan! I've also been trying out this new Clinique moisturizer with SPF from this kit and it's so good at being hydrating without being greasy. Also, this mascara is like $4 and works wonders, ladies!

LIFE ACTIVITIES | I went to Hilton Head Island for a whole week this month, as well as Isle of Palms for a weekend this month so I've been beachin big time and there's no complaints here! I've also been loving baseball games (Tim Tebow just left our beloved Columbia Fireflies) and going to our weekly farmer's market! I have been spending some time shopping for my new house as well, which I will share here once I'm all moved in!

I think that wraps up this month! This post was super chatty and long, but I like to switch it up every now and then with these types of unfiltered posts if you will. If you enjoy monthly favorites posts, be sure to let me know so I can continue them! Thanks for reading, and be sure to check back Wednesday for a new post!




1 comment:

  1. I def enjoy your monthly favorites posts! Keeps me in the loop and gets me to try new things since you approve!

    ReplyDelete