Monday, April 17, 2017

How To Manage Your Time In College



Juggling school, work, and a social life is not an easy game to play, people! This is something I've had to figure out this semester, as I've started my internship. Let me preface this by saying I am definitely not the most organized (or social!) person I know, but I thought I would share some things I've learned over the past couple of months:

1. GET A PLANNER// I really can't stress this enough. If you're a visual person like I am, you probably know how much having/utilizing an agenda can save your life. I use mine to keep track of exams/homework due dates, birthdays, meetings, blog posts, events.. I could go on and on... I am a firm believer in color coding, and I live for the "month at a glance" sections of my agenda.  I have an agenda from Ban.do this year (seen in pic above) and it's very similar to the Lilly Pulitzer ones. Mine says "I Am Very Busy" on the front and I always get compliments on it! I'm considering ordering the matching notebook. and phone case. and coffee mug. oops. 

2. MAKE A WEEKLY SCHEDULE// No, I don't mean that you have to schedule out every minute of every day, but on Sundays I like to spend time preparing by writing down everything I know I have coming up that week! This helps me stay on top of my schoolwork and blog posts, as well as lets me see when I have free time to do fun stuff. Which brings me to my next point...

3. MAKE TIME FOR FUN// If you're anything like me, as soon as you get any free time you're in bed watching Netflix or taking a power nap! Because I'm working about 25 hours a week, taking five classes, and running my blog, it's so easy to just crawl into bed when I have down time. While rest is important, I don't want to sleep away fun moments with my friends! I'm already almost half way finished with college.... ahhhh

3. PRIORITIZE// It's so easy to want to do everything life throws at you, so it's good to always know in the back of your head what things come before others. (aka school is #1)

4. LEARN TO SAY "NO"// In the wise words of Monica Gellar, "I've got this uncontrollable need to please people!!" Hahaha! This is something I struggle with because I always want to be two places at once, but it really is okay necessary to say no sometimes. And again, I've had to learn to put my schoolwork first.

5. SCHEDULE SOME "ME" TIME// This one's my favorite!! There is nothing like sitting down and taking some time to myself! One of my favorite weekend activities is going shopping by myself. I've even started laying by the pool by myself with music! So relaxing.

Hopefully this gave you some inspiration as the semester starts to end if you are struggling with balancing your time! What are your tips on managing your time? Leave a comment below!

Thanks for reading!



HOVER OVER THIS PICTURE TO SAVE ON PINTEREST:







No comments:

Post a Comment