Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Instagram Round-up & January Favorites


short sleeve version available here// super similar shirt for $9 here// sunglasses ($10)// marble laptop case in "white marble"// marble iPhone 6 case ($9)//


original post here


Free People colorblock socks available in pink or yellow here (socks on the right sold out)


original post here


original post here


original post here

FOOD FAVS// I've been trying to eat pretty healthy so far this year, and I've been loving sweet potatoes! They're so good & good for you, so what more could you really ask for? I've been thinking about sharing some of my favorite healthy recipes, and could include how I prepare the sweet potatoes if you're interested! Everyone knows I love coffee, but I've also really been getting back into tea. This green tea with coconut is my current obsession, and when I'm in the mood for tea at Starbucks, I get the "medicine ball" (recipe here). For coffee this month, I've been ordering toffee nut lattes with almond milk at Starbucks, and Caramel iced coffee with almond milk (no sweetener) at Dunkin'. There's a Dunkin drive-through really close to my apartment, and I have to stop myself or else I'll go everyday!

MEDIA FAVS// New category to my monthly favs, but both of these are SO good: first, I have to mention TheSkimm. This is a daily email you receive (or they have an app!) that gets you caught up on the news! I can't stress how much smarter I feel actually knowing what's going on in the world, and being able to form an opinion and actually join people's discussions on current affairs. (and also being able to educate my friends!) I really like TheSkimm because it doesn't take me too long to read, and it puts the news in terms that are easy to understand. I would also say it's geared towards a 20-something old age group, so it's pretty hip and can be really funny! I would highly recommend checking it out! Another media favorite is the "Serial" podcast. I, like you probably do, used to think podcasts were so boring and never even bothered... Last semester in one of my journalism classes, we got extra credit if we listened to the first episode of the first season, and I. got. hooked. So hooked that my friend and I are actually considering taking an introduction to podcasting class that my school offers! "Serial" is all about an investigation of a murder, and whether or not the guy that got convicted actually did it. (which is really weird because I normally don't like crime-y TV shows!) I just downloaded the podcast app on my phone and they have all of the episodes on there for free! I'm almost done with season 1!

BEAUTY FAVS// I've been really into skincare products this month, and really trying to lay off the makeup to give my skin a break. I've had this electric face brush for years, and I had forgotten how much I love it! It's so good at exfoliating and it leaves my skin feeling baby smooth! And you really can't beat the price!

MUSIC FAVS// John Mayer just released four new songs from his new album last week, and I haven't stopped listening to them since! I am so excited he's going on tour this year!! I also really love Ed Sheeran's new songs "Shape of You" and "Castle on the Hill".

My favorites were kind of all over the place this month, but I hope you enjoyed my recap of January! Also, if you're subscribed to my monthly newsletter, you got the first newsletter in your inbox this morning with a cute iPhone wallpaper for Feb that I designed myself! If you don't want to miss out for next month, enter your email in the bar at the very top of my blog!

Thanks for reading!


4 comments:

  1. Love this post! And absolutely adore your sunnies!
    Emily x | www.thelittlechronicles.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loove your ballerinas from the second photo! Great post :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bahahah, I LOVE the sticker on your laptop case. Pretty much sums me up perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If black off shoulder dress keeps women a sense of mystery.Then star dress shows the neat and pure of a girl.

    ReplyDelete