Wednesday, January 18, 2017

My Top Ten on Netflix





Discussing good Netflix shows is one of my favorite talking points, especially with people I just met or don't know very well. There is really nothing better than instantly bonding with someone over a mutual obsession with a show! 
I'm always finding myself in need of good Netflix recommondations so I thought I would give some insight on my favorites. 

GIRLY SHOWS: 

THE CARRIE DIARIES// This show is set in the 80s and features Sex and the City's Carrie Bradshaw as a high schooler who lives in Connecticut, but has a SWEET internship at a fashion magazine in New York. Carrie's love interest in the show is played by Austin Butler, (aka Vanessa Hudgen's boyfriend in real life), and he is SO good looking! I made my roommate watch it and she's currently obsessed!

GOSSIP GIRL// This is obviously one of almost every girl's favorite shows but I couldn't not include it. If you haven't seen it by now, please go binge watch all six seasons right now. Are you a Blair or a Serena? 

90210// This was inspired by the older show, Beverly Hills 90210. This show is SO good and has so many ups and downs throughout the series. I will admit that it starts off kind of slow, but if you stick with it through the first season, I guarantee you will love it! It is very similar to Gossip Girl, but it's set in Beverly Hills instead of New York. I actually liked it a little better than Gossip Girl... oops.

COMEDIES:

PARKS AND RECREATION// Amy Pohler plays Leslie Knope, an overly-enthusiastic government worker of her city's Parks and Recreation department. This show is set in small town Indiana, and is mostly set in the Parks and Rec office with Leslie and all of her hilarious co-workers and bff Anne. My favorite character is hands down Tom Haverford. He is so funny, and invented the "treat yo self" phrase! 

FRIENDS// This is another classic that everyone loves, but I think I love it a little more than most people. I'm pretty sure I've seen every episode at least three times and can quote just about any line from the show. I even follow instagram accounts that post funny videos from Friends... But if you're not familiar with the show, it features 6 Friends in New York City that are constantly hanging out at a coffee shop, ("Central Perk"), and are always having to deal with work, their love lives, and other adult problems. Every single character is so funny in their own way, and every episode seriously never gets old!

HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER// "HIMYM" gets compared to Friends sometimes, but I think they're different enough that you have to watch both. This show follows Ted Mosby, who is in his late 20's/early 30's, and his life with his friends as he attempts the dating scene and tries to find the woman he wants to marry. This show is unique because it's narrated by the future adult Ted, as he tells his children how he met their mother (duh). Again, all of the characters in this show are hilarious, and I love Ted's "wingman" Barney Stinson who is played by Neil Patrick Harris.

UNBREAKABLE KIMMY SCHMIDT// This is a Netflix-original show and was co-created by Tina Fey. The show starts off as Kimmy and the other women she was trapped in an underground bunker with for ten years are finally rescued after being kidnapped by a crazy cult leader. The show follows Kimmy as she decides to live in New York on her own, not knowing anything about the last ten years of pop culture (which is hilarious). I was obsessed with the first season, but I could never really get into the second season. Let me know if you've watched all of it, and if it gets better!

NEW GIRL//  This show follows five friends, but mainly focuses on Jess Day, played by Zooey Deschanel. She is so quirky and funny, but is so loyal to all of her friends, and really ties them all together. The sixth season is on TV right now, so I'm patiently waiting for it to end so it will be put on Netflix! This show is a must-watch for sure! I've found myself crying laughing at this show! I love the friend dynamic between Nick and Schmidt!

DRAMAS:

LOST// This was one of the first shows I ever watched on Netflix, but it was SO good. It's not the type of show I would typically watch, but there were always so many plot twists that made it so interesting! This show is about survivors of a plane crash that are from VERY different backgrounds that are stuck on a deserted island together, and have to learn how to work together and do everything they can to survive. It can get pretty intense at some times! 

JANE THE VIRGIN// This show could easily be put in any of these three categories, but I decided to put it with the dramas because I don't think people would expect it to be very dramatic. I can't ever stress enough how underrated this show is! It's about a girl named Jane (obviously) who accidentally gets artificially inseminated at a doctor's appointment. The kicker is that Jane is a virgin (who is in a serious relationship with her boyfriend Michael) and grew up with her very catholic grandmother, who always warned her about the sin of pre-marital sex. This show has multiple love triangles, murders, drug chases, etc. If you think Lost has plot twists, you haven't seen anything until you watch JTV. There are multiple plot twists that leave you with your jaw DROPPED at the end of every episode. Did I mention the narrator is hilarious!? If you watch one show on this list, you have to watch this one! It's so good and makes me so upset that not a lot of people appreciate it!

I told you I could talk about these shows ALL day! Do you have any favorites that I don't have on this list? I will mention that I finally gave in to peer pressure and am watching Grey's Anatomy right now! I'm on season 5 and it's really good, as much as I hate to admit it...

Please let me know which shows I'm missing out on in the comments below!


Thanks for reading!







 Hover over picture to Pin this post:





1 comment on "My Top Ten on Netflix"
  1. I loved watching Unbreakable Kimmy and Lost on Netflix. I couldn't finish Lost, though, because it got a little too weird at the end.

    www.ohtobeamuse.com

    ReplyDelete