Wednesday, January 11, 2017

How to Create the Perfect DIY Gallery Wall












 headboard (less than $65!)// bedding// laptop case// graphic tee// free people socks (all time favorite socks, on sale in other colors here 3 for $30!)

Gallery walls are such a statement piece in a room, and when I started decorating my apartment, I knew I had to try one out after I had seen them ALL over Pinterest. (also, if you're not following me on Pinterest feel free to do so hehe) I decided I wanted to DIY most of my art pieces because I'm picky and didn't want to spend a TON of money on art I would probably get sick of in a year.

The process was surprisingly very easy to do! Here are some recommendations I have for you:

Be (P)inspired// I started with Pinterest to find some inspiration, for instance, the flamingo canvas (which I painted myself) was inspired by this pin and the little "sleep in" sign was inspired by this pin.

Design + Print// Once I had an idea of what I wanted, I played around on a photo editor designing my own art pieces and printing them on cardstock! I made the map print, the #blessed print, and the quote print on the bottom right corner that says "inspire to aspire before you expire" (this is one of my all time fav quotes) This can be super affordable, especially if you have old frames laying around your house!

Do the Unexpected// Do you see the spotted lampshade on my bedside table? I ordered the fabric and covered a plain black shade myself! I really wanted the same pattern on my gallery wall, but couldn't find a good print that I liked... so I actually used leftover fabric for the Dalmatian print in the frame you see on the wall! Don't be afraid to break the rules a little bit!

Use Old Items// I mentioned using old frames you have laying around your house earlier, (a little spray paint can go a long way!), but the japanese scroll on my wall is at least ten years old! I actually got it done for me at a children's museum when I was younger, and it says my name!

Add Your Own Flair// It's fine to get inspiration from other gallery walls you see, but I would encourage you to really make your gallery wall your own! The fun in these walls is that they showcase YOUR personality, so choose some meaningful pieces to you!

That's all I have! Making a gallery wall is surprisingly really easy and fun! I would recommend figuring out the exact layout you want before you start hanging everything up! Also, I used this tape to hang up everything and it is a LIFESAVER! I've used it all over my apartment and nothing has ever fallen off of the wall!

PS: I would also highly recommend my headboard! It comes in five other colors, and it's so affordable! I always get so many compliments on it!


Thanks so much for reading! If you like these type of "diy" posts, or just home decor posts in general please let me know in the comments! I would love to do more of them!



Hover over picture to Pin this post!
























No comments:

Post a Comment