Wednesday, January 25, 2017

10 Things That Make Me Happy







Happy Wednesday! For me, once the excitement of the new year starts to wear off, it's so easy to get into a slump. The end of January is when I often find myself wishing I could just fast forward to summer aka the best time of the year. Today I am sharing a list of ten things in my everyday life that make me happy, so that I can focus on the present and enjoy today!

1. Nice Weather// We've been having such nice weather in SC, and it is so relaxing to be able to sit outside and enjoy the sunshine.

2. A good cup of coffee// Every coffee addict understands that there's really nothing like the first sip of coffee first thing in morning. It's an instant mood booster for sure, and is what gets me out of bed in the mornings! It doesn't hurt having a cute mug, too hehe..

3. Good conversation// Sitting down for an hour and genuinely listening to someone is so hard to come by in the world of texting and just the busy-ness of everyday life these days, but catching up on what's going on in a friend's life (and vice-versa) is so therapeutic and definitely something I don't take for granted.

4. Discovering new music// There's nothing like being able to introduce your friends to new music they haven't found yet. I'm currently loving John Mayer's new releases.

5. A good workout// I've been sticking to my new year's resolution of going to the gym about three times a week, (which is a step up for me, big time!) and I have grown to love the feeling of ending a workout knowing that I just killed it! It also helps to have a set goal in mind! (I'm planning to do a post all about my current fitness routine and goals soon.)

6. Getting lost in a book// Something I don't allow myself to do enough. I get so caught up in the addictive world of Netflix in my free time, that I forget how good it feels to dive into a good book.

7. Changing into comfy clothes// Because what's better than changing into a huge t shirt at the end of a long day?

8. Trying new things// This is vague on purpose. It's so easy to get into a routine of the same old same old, so trying something new can be so refreshing! This could be switching up your usual coffee order, taking a different way when driving or walking, or trying out a new hobby. I've recently been trying to practice calligraphy more, (I got the pens you see above for Christmas), and even though the perfectionist in me hates it because I'm not as good as I'd like to be, spending time practicing it can be so satisfying.

9. Crossing off a "to-do" list// Because I only have classes two days a week this semester, I try to use the other days of the week to get as much done as possible. I usually make a list so I don't get sidetracked and end up watching 5 hours worth of Grey's Anatomy.. (yes it's happened...) The amount of satisfaction I get from completing a "to-do" list is a little ridiculous, and is usually rewarded by more Grey's. Oops....

10. Crawling into a warm bed// Okay this is also a little ridiculous but I got an electric blanket for Christmas (I think this is the exact one I have if you're interested) and omg... it's my life's greatest pleasure at the moment. I turn it on while I'm getting ready for bed so that my whole bed is warm when I finally crawl in. I shed a little tear every time because it's that great.

This list may seem silly, but it's nice to have a list of simple things that you can appreciate in your day to day life. I would highly encourage you to make a list of your 10 things that make you happy, and keep it in your phone to look at and encourage you when you're having a bad day!

Also, my first monthly newsletter is going out February 1st, so make sure you're signed up to receive that and the monthly wallpaper I designed (sneak peek in the pic above!) You can sign up with your email at the info bar at the very top of your screen! You don't wanna miss out!

Can you believe this week is half over??

Thanks for reading, and I'll see you Monday!



3 comments:

  1. January moved so fast! I love trying new things and crossing things off my to-do list also (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd agree with most of them. And it is super important to stop sometimes and remember what exactly makes you happy ;)
    Xoxo, A.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this list! #6 is my favorite! What books are you reading right now? I need some inspo!

    ReplyDelete