Monday, December 12, 2016

10 Things to Do This Christmas Break







Shirt not available on Target anymore, similar here// gold Christmas tree// initial mug//

My first semester of Sophomore year is over! I am so excited to finally be finished with exams and jump into all things Christmas! Here are 10 festive activities to do over the next couple of weeks to make your break extra jolly ;)

1. WRAPPING PARTY// As you can see from the pictures above, I live for a good Christmas gift wrapping party! My roommate and I stopped by Hobby Lobby the other day to pick up wrapping paper, ribbon, gift tags, etc and spent the afternoon wrapping gifts we have purchased so far! It's so fun to wrap gifts together, and it really gets me in the Christmas spirit! Also, turning on good Christmas music is a must, and lets you turn your wrapping party into a rapping party, am i right?? 
(Does anyone else know all 3 raps in "Drummer Boy" by Justin Bieber or is it just me?)

2. MOVIE NIGHT// This is kind of a given, but if you go the whole month of December without binge-watching Christmas movies, you're doing it wrong... I love the cheesy love Christmas movies on Netflix (I think I've seen every one...) and my favorites include: Christmas With the Kranks, A Christmas Kiss, 12 Dates of Christmas, Christmas Crush, and Christmas in the City.

3. ICE SKATING// This is actually something I'm hoping to do this year, because it looks like so much fun! Many cities have outdoor ice rinks this time of year, and they're usually fairly inexpensive!

4. BAKING NIGHT// The only thing better than decorating Christmas cookies is eating them, so why not have both in one night? Inviting friends over, and telling everyone to bring a different type of frosting or sprinkles is such an easy and fun night in!

5. READ CHRISTMAS BOOKS// No school = plenty of time to read books you actually want to read! I read this book last Christmas, and it's a very light-hearted, easy read. I'm looking for a good book right now, so if you have any suggestions, please let me know!

6. LOOK AT LIGHTS// My family used to love driving to different neighborhoods to look at the lights when my little sister and I were younger, and it used to be one of my favorite things about Christmas time! We also like going to Lights at the Zoo and local parks to see their lights too!

7. CHRISTMAS PERFORMANCES// Every year, one of the things I look forward to the most is the annual Christmas performance at my church! Ours was this past weekend, and it was SO good! I also love going to see the Nutcracker, and any other different Christmas performances near me.

8. HOST A POTLUCK DINNER// This is perfect idea to be able to catch up with all of your friends that are home from different schools! Everyone can bring a different item so you can all catch up on the past semester and eat good food!

9. GO SHOPPING FOR GIFTS// Honestly, my perfect day during Christmas break in spent in the mall. Most people hate the mall during Christmas time, but nothing is better to me than picking out gifts for my friends and family with a good cup of coffee in tow!

10. RELAX// Having "me time" is so refreshing when you have no stress of schoolwork to bother you! Taking time to be with myself and just relax is something that is long overdue!

Do you have any December traditions? I would love to know!
Thanks for reading!

Ariana
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment